The Steam 412 is an utterly brilliant addition to the AquaMarina® 2022 fleet. This impressively rigid kayak stays bone dry, with no canvas fabrics used. Instead, thick-skinned armoured rubber skin allows water to bead off, leaving you with a bone dry kayak for the car journey home. The smooth skin allows you to towel dry the kayak in order to remove every drop of moister before packing away in the supplied rucksack. A drop-stitched floor offers paddlers an unbelievably solid base, while the larger side tubes offer high-buoyancy. The outcome is a highly stable craft with an almost solid flooring that doesn't bend one bit - you wouldn't believe it's inflatable. The Steam is a kayak for life, offering a stable, smooth and effortless motion through the water without the need for roof racks. In fact, the entire kit can be thrown into a backpack (included). The Steam comes in 2 versions; the 412 and the 312. The 312 is a single-seater and the 412 is a 2-seater. The 390 can also be used for solo paddling if on occasions you plan to go paddling alone.
A more expensive choice, the Steam is an investment in return for unparalleled strength, performance and stability. It can even be used on whitewater! See what we're talking about in the clip below:
❓ Seating options
The Steam comes in two versions:
Steam 312 (Solo / Single-seater)
Steam 412 (Twin / 2-seater, or convert to solo)
🛶 How does it paddle?
The Steam feels completely rigid, as if the whole kayak is made from fibreglass. As always, our team at Aquascene have put it through its paces, and we've been extremely impressed with the Steam's ability to take a real beating! The Steam glides over the surface of the water wonderfully with 2 fins on the hull keeping you as straight as an arrow on the water. But you can also take these off and negotiate whitewater rapids, crashing into rocks along the way with little consequence to the Steam's armour plated skin. Paddling the Steam is effortless and every stoke of the paddle yields rather a lot of momentum compared to other inflatable kayaks. With seats that are anchored with straps reaching forwards and backwards, the Memba is an incredibly comfortable thing to sit in. No matter how heavy you are, you can put your full weight into the back rest without loosing any support - great for anyone with an achey back. The Steam combined a rock solid drop-stitched floor with the more traditionally designed side tubes, which offers great stability on the water, especially when climbing in and out of the kayak. Both the 312 and 412 version offer paddlers a lavish amount of leg room, with plenty of space for a day bag under the generously size spray deck at the front. There's even a large velcro bag and 2x bottle holders on back of each seat. The Steam paddles well in all types of water terrain (coastal, open sea, rapids, inland rivers, lakes and canals). This model got a resounding thumbs up for every member of our team.
🏅 Award-winning technology
Drop-stitch technology is what makes the Steam's floor absurdly stiff. If you could see inside the floor tube, you'd find an uncountable number of nylon threads spanning the top and Botton surfaces, which ensures the kayak maintains it's optimal shape while you compress pounds of highly-pressured air into the floor. The result is an inflatable kayak that feels as stiff as solid oak!
🐊 Armoured skin
The top, bottom and sides of the Steam is protected by a thick armoured skin. The result is a smooth and slippery surface with very low-drag. Thanks to this protective skin, the Steam is better protected for those rocks, rapids and sharp shingle beaches. Water will bead off the skin, keeping your kayak bone-dry for when you’re ready to pack up. Despite its strength, the material is lightweight and couldn’t be easier to roll up.
💡 Innovative features
- The Steam stays BONE-DRY! With self-bailing drainage plugs in the cockpit and water inside the kayak will drain away. The skin material does not saturate and water will bead off of it, enabling a towel dry finish before storing the kayak away in its bag.
- The Steam comes with adjustable footrests for each paddlers, adding comfort and support while paddling.
- The Steam can be used for solo or tandem paddling. Theres plenty of legroom, even for the taller paddler, and there's good space for camping/fishing gear.
- The Steam is extremely difficult to flip over, making it a safe option for families or anyone wanting to stay dry. It’s nimble enough to navigate tight rivers, but robust and stable enough to tackle white-water rapids. The raised bow and spray deck makes for good defence against any choppy waves that would otherwise leave you a little wet.
- The whole kayak rolls into a neat backpack – perfect for storing items in whilst paddling. At only 16Kg the Steam is a breeze for one person to carry and fits nicely inside a suitcase for adventures abroad.
- The Steam comes with several handles at each end, and on both sides, making it effortless to carry.
- The Steam is one of the only models to have 2 attachable skegs/fins. These provide unrivalled directional stability and straight-line tracking.
- Super light, 40% lighter than a traditional hard canoe of the same class
- 3 separated air chambers for additional safety in long-distance adventures
- Premium adjustable kayak seat with high backrest, spongy cushion and multiple storage pockets
📝 What's included
Steam Inflatable Kayak (including seats)
2x Paddles (Choice available)
2x Buoyancy Aids (Choice available)
Steam Backpack with shoulder straps
2x stabilising fins (skegs)
High-pressure double-action pump with built-in pressure gauge
10L Dry Bag
Aqua Marina Manufacturer Warranty
Size: 412cm | Weight: 15.5kg | Max. load: 180kg
Configure as: Solo or Tandem
Inflate time: 5 minutes
Deflate time: Instant
✉️ Want more information? Talk to our AquaMarina expert: email@example.com
Free Delivery (Get it tomorrow!)
Order before 2pm for same-day dispatch.
Free delivery on all Kayak/Paddleboard orders
|UK Mainland||Free||Express 24hr (Next day)|
Express 24hr (Next day)
*£100 minimum spend for free delivery.
Easy 30 day returns
Returns are easy! If you change your mind simply let us know within 30 days, we'll handle the rest.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.